Saturday, May 26, 2012

Exploring L.A. and Beaches

This past week was pretty good. I did a shoot, but it didn't turn out as I'd hoped (I still have a LOT to learn), so that was disappointing. But I'm still enjoying it. I did a lot of fun things that made up for my failure, though :)

On Thursday, we did a shoot for ErgoBaby, a company that makes carriers for babies. They're kinda cute little contraptions.


That baby was SO cute and smiley :) And this was her first shoot, so she did pretty well! It was so fun playing with all the little kids. A fringe benefit of being an assistant.

Beaches:

You can't live in Southern California and not go to the beach. And so far, I've been to Venice, Malibu, and Mission Beach. More beaches than I ever went to as a child.
.
On Wednesday of last week, my friend Nate and I went to Venice beach. It's a really cool place during the day, but at night it gets kinda sketchy. I didn't know that it has this reputation. But it was kinda entertaining -- I'm pretty sure we were some of only sober ones there.

But I went again today with my friend come college Melissa and it was a lot better. It definitely has that L.A. feel to it. But here are some pictures from the beach




It's a pretty place. Guess it kinda looks like all beaches though :P

Then, yesterday (Friday) I went down to San Diego for a job interview and to meet up with people and have fun. I found that traffic is a LOT less hectic in San Diego than in L.A. After living in L.A. for 3 weeks, NO traffic anywhere else seems like "traffic". And San Diego is prettier, in my opinion. And cheaper, when it comes to renting. After realizing all of this I'm pretty sure I'm going to move back there. I'd forgotten just how amazing it is. AND, you don't have to pay for parking nearly as much. All I need now is a job! Just one more month in L.A. Crazy...

Anyway, Nate and I went to Mission beach in San Diego and it was SO nice. So much more my scene, more laid back.



And there were a lot of seagulls. An irrational fear of mine. But we don't need to get into that.

Avenue of the Stars:

I FINALLY got out into the city to see what all the hype is about Los Angeles!

Today, Melissa (along with her boyfriend and his friend) and I went to Avenue of the Stars in Hollywood. That was fun, and there were a ton of people dressed up as movie characters. It was really cool. Sadly, I was too distracted to think about taking pictures of them :/ Guess I was just livin' in the moment! But I did grab some pictures of the stars on the ground! Close enough, right? :P

One of my favorite actresses

LOVE this show!

Notice the guy wearing socks with sandals...why is this still around??

Found an empty spot. A miracle.

Dorothy!

We also saw Ripley's believe it or not museum. We didn't go in, but here's a picture of some craziness

Siamese twins playing the harp, guy playing 2 trombones.

We also passed by the Guiness Book of World Records museum. The tallest guy in history was 8'11"!! He was HUGE!!

That's what my past week or two was in a nutshell. I'm doing a shoot next week and I HOPE to have some good images to show!


4 comments:

  1. You did a shoot for ErgoBaby?? Their carriers are all the rage among new moms over here...I don't have one though. Do you get a free one?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, this is Pamela, it looks like it didn't recognize me the first time around :-P.

      Delete
  2. SOOO PRETTY!!! i wanna go to museums when i come! so u better do ur research and find the best ones, and the only way of doing that is to try them!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe and this is quaz.... i forgot i had a psuedo name here...

      Delete