Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Transition

I'm finally getting to know the city where I live (Los Angeles, right next to Culver City), mainly because I'm sent on errands (part of being a 2nd assistant) by myself. I thought I'd get lost a lot, but I have only had to turn around once during 5 errands I've run so far. I have to rely on my keen sense of direction (aka GPS) and memory. But one thing I've learned is how to drive on a crowded street. Aggression is key. I have never been cut off so much in one day, nor have I purposefully been that jerk myself. But you gotta do what you gotta do...

One thing that sucks about this city (I found out today): 
NO FREE PARKING :(
In Provo, there was parking is you could find it, but here there's very little, if any, free parking, yet it's still always crowded/full.

Anyway, I get to work on my own shoot on Friday, so I'm pretty stoked about that. And, the more I assist, the more I realize how much photography equipment I have to buy, and the more I realize just how broke I really am... Reality bites. BUT I'm still excited to shoot on Friday!

I thought it would take me a while to get used to L.A. but so far the transition has been much easier and better than I expected. I don't know when or where I'll move next, but for now, it's a nice place to be :)

2 comments:

  1. haha i hope he compensates u for the parking... and don't worry, once i'm rich, i'll help u out w/ equipment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking I pay for is for me. He would never make me pay for it... And thanks!! But hopefully I'll be able to afford it! Let's hope I get one of those jobs!!

      Delete