Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trip to Los Angeles

This past weekend was so much fun, and I did NOT want to come back to Provo. I drove down to LA with my sister to check out a possible photography internship with Jerry Garns. I was so much fun! I got to meet Jerry and see first-hand what he does. He's a really cool, down-to-earth guy and was so nice. He also gave me a HUGE compliment: he said that a lot of BYU Photography students that have interned with him don't really take photography seriously, but when he saw my work he could tell I am dedicated and could really go somewhere with it. :) I don't quite have the internship yet, but keep your fingers crossed!! (P.S. I got there at the end of a casting call for a new photo shoot they were working on, and I have never seen so many pretty-boys AKA models in one area. It was kinda weird...)

Also, my goal for my last semester at BYU is to photograph at least one product/advertisement per week. It should be really fun, because that's what I love to do. I'll post them on here as I finish them.

Some other cool things about my trip:
I am a total dork, but I saw the Hollywood sign for the first time IN PERSON!! My brother-in-law laughed at me because he grew up in Los Angeles, so he thought it was no big deal. But for me, a native San Diegan who's lived in Idaho and Utah the past 8 years, it was awesome.

Also, I got to see my grandma, my oldest sister, her husband, and my niece and nephew, all who I haven't seen in what seemed like forever. It was really nice to see them :) My 7-year-old nephew kept telling us that he didn't want us to leave. When we said we had school, he said, "Say your hand hurts" and "Say your sick". Too bad those excuses don't work in college... Enjoy them while you can, buddy. haha. My 2-year-old niece wanted to come back with us, but we sadly couldn't take her... but covered her eyes when we left so she didn't have to see us go. So cute!!

One downside:
We didn't get to go to the beach... it would take ONE HOUR to go SIX MILES on the freeway!! Welcome to LA...

Overall, it was a great trip. I already miss it!

Oh, and my friend/co-worker Sadie and I have been looking up cool Photoshop tutorials, and I will post the finished products on here :)

2 comments: